View Single Post
Old Nov 30, 2012, 10:26 AM
Find More Posts by EBurkart3rd
Walk Of Shame Expert
USA, NY, Troy
Joined Jul 2010
166 Posts
Quote:
Waldopepperaxe Great advice Balsa but I was thinking of giving him full 3D rates and beyond with those 20 quarters taped on the stab that we were talking about on the Twistaholics thread so he could experience the full capacity of fun right from the take off as that's how we roll in NY lol yes we will give him nice low rates so he can see how gentle and trainer like this plane can really be until he's ready to unleash the beast we all know it can be.
I wouldn't expect anything less Waldo!!!! After it goes down I am going to take those 20 quarters and put them towards a bigger bottle of Zap!!!

I am getting a little more excited!!

I have been buying most of my wood at Michaels and AC Moore. The widest sizes they had for 3/32" balsa was 3". The drawings call for 6" 3/32" balsa sheets for the fuse sides. I measured the template at the widest point and its 4" between F-1 and F2 formers. If I put an extension of a 1" piece on there, do you think it would be to weak? What about adding a doubler/bracing over that joint?

I also know I will have to put a piece on the back to extend the fuse to the tail what about adding a doubler/bracing over that joint as well?
EBurkart3rd is online now Find More Posts by EBurkart3rd