Old Nov 30, 2012, 07:59 AM
Find More Posts by ritchie_laird
Australia, VIC, Craigieburn
Joined Jul 2012
222 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by britinoz View Post
Mark
Thanks for that.......but I do feel a bit of a copy cat......and yes I was pushing the bar as my motor is working well over its recomended weight limit and I thought that it was never going to ROG
It's an EMAX CF 2822 /1200KV with a 9 X 4.7 SF prop and you can see in the pic's how small it rearly is.......so with a 1500 ma lipo I am getting a 7 min flight and with a 1800 ma I'm getting about10 min,
But with the weight of a pilot and the few bit's that have been now added...I find that the motor has to run flat chat all the time ....compared to before them it was only flying at around half throttle. So I do have a larger motor to try for the next outing.
I have played around with the wing ...and I did move it a little .
I 'm pretty sure that I can make some more inprovements in little steps I took these pic's today at the field just to show you where it's at now.. I just made a very simple nose set up out of thin card and film to try to clean up the front a little....but I must try harder........but a bit low light situation...........as a thunder storm was on its way. . bright lights and big rumble....very hot and sticky.
Chris...........
ypu could up the motor size to handle a 10 or 11 inch prop and maybe and extra cell on the battery to bring the flight length back out again. for my oversize beast I got a Himark 3526-830kva and I might be light on there as well, have a 5000mah 3 cell to drive it and may have to go to a 4 cell with a 12 inch prop.
ritchie_laird is offline Find More Posts by ritchie_laird