View Single Post
Old Nov 30, 2012, 04:05 AM
Find More Posts by Mike Smart
Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire, Great Britain (UK)
Joined Jan 2000
3,067 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3D-arren View Post
Hi guys I recently purchased the 1.2m Extravaganza in the UK many thanks to Park Aero for a great service. The Extravaganza is a model that is quite similar to the Majestic I had years ago. It appears to have the qualities of a pattern ship with some 3D capability attached. Its very precise and will fly IMAC or F3A maneuvers very well. It fly's big for a foam model. The roll rate is moderate and very controllable. For 3D it fly's more like balsa meaning I had to stay on power and sticks to get it to 3D in high alpha without falling out of the sky (not that it has any bad habits it doesn't) not quite like the reaction of a typical foamy that will fly on without power around your head. All in all Iam happy with the precision aerobatics of this plane but for out and out 3D I would say go for the Telink Buster 3D as it rocks on every 3D level but is not as precise as the Extra. Well made and well engineered durable model with the right build modifications.
Yes I love mine and basically your description is what Ido set out to get from this model. I haven't flown the Buster, but i have flown most of the Telinks and the Extra with large control surface movements seems to perform as well as the others at 3D to me.

Mike
Mike Smart is offline Find More Posts by Mike Smart