View Single Post
Old Nov 29, 2012, 08:45 PM
Find More Posts by dragnse7en
United States, MA, Northampton
Joined Jan 2009
131 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoboHeli View Post
Good news!!! That fixed it! (At least for one battery...)

I just took my wagging-tail Nano and loosened the feathering shaft until I was able to get about 1mm of play between the blade grips if I pulled gently on them. Then I took it for a flight and there was NO, I repeat, NO tail wagging at all! Woo hoo!

I've still got 2 more batteries charged from last night so I'll run them through this heli to make sure that this was in fact the solution.
That's great to hear - I needed to replace my spindle, and I also felt that ratcheting feeling on both grips, so I backed the nut off until it disappeared. I need to pick up some more Elmer's glue though; I used some Shoe Goo instead on the end threads where it sticks out of the nut.

I'm pretty sure that the white glue would be easier to work with inside the blade grip, b/c the Shoe Goo is a lot thicker. I used the end of a paper clip, like I'd want to with the PVA, and although it was tricky, and more messy, it did the job. I say this b/c it took longer to clean out the excess goo and make sure that it wouldn't gum up the movement of the blade root.

Do anyone have a different trick to add the PVA or rubber cemement to the ends of the spindle thread? Or - an easier way using Shoe Goo?
dragnse7en is offline Find More Posts by dragnse7en