Thread: Question separate rx for each plane
View Single Post
Old Nov 29, 2012, 06:27 PM
Find More Posts by alibongo
United Kingdom, England, Dorset
Joined Apr 2010
980 Posts
To keep it simple:
When I started 30 years ago, I could only afford one combo (Tx and Rx) as they cost a months salary.I would remove the Rx from one plane and put it in another.I always carry out pre-flight control checks, so control was not a problem, just the inconvenience of plugging in the servos.
Now, I can afford a Rx per plane.But I still don't fly enough to need more than two Rxs.The two planes I fly most frequently are programmed into my Tx, any other plane I am messing about with I use another memory channel.
I know I don't expect to fly many planes, you may want to stockpile a lot.The only question is, is the inconvenience of unplugging a RX from one plane, and plugging it into another worth the cost of a new Rx?To me it isn't, but to those with a big stable, or who crash a lot so they need plenty of planes out with them, it is.I only take one model out with me per day, and no more than two lipos.
I also use a Futaba radio, so Rxs cost about 25.If I had a set-up with 5 Rxs like Spekkie, I'd buy more Rxs.If I was keener, I would buy more Futaba Rxs.
separate rx for each plane

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Just a question , Do rc flyers have a separate rx for each plane, To save time and make it easier?", Yes, they do save time and make it easier, but you have to decide if you want to pay for that convenience- it is not essential.
alibongo is offline Find More Posts by alibongo
Last edited by alibongo; Nov 29, 2012 at 06:35 PM.