Old Nov 29, 2012, 06:17 PM
Find More Posts by PittSpecial
Right Rudder
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Nov 2010
10,545 Posts
Okay guys!

SUMMARY:

My model has crashed twice citing RF loss (Spektrum AR500). I have investigated and found the possible reason!!! Can you believe that the Nose Wheel Steering Rod / Sleeve was not allowing the servo to move!! The Sleeve was getting hung on the metal rod itself like someone taking a HOT Hair Blower and heat shrinking the sleeve material! Of course that is just describing how it felt when I took off the Push Rod from the Servo and tried to push it myself by hand.

I bought the model used so, no telling...

Anyway, I looked in my hobby drawer and found a Park Zone Replacement for the Elevator and cut to size for Nose Wheel Steering duty and all is fine now!!

However, my thoughts are that the BEC on board the Stock Switch Mode 30-AMP E-Flite ESC got overheated as a result from holding Full Right Rudder to perform Knife Edges and Bang, lower Voltage or Brown out and lost RF!

Okay a few pictures!

Taking no chances, I opened up a brand new AR600 and it is working perfect! I will however, place the old AR500 in my Slow Stick and Observe it closely for any RF faults and which I seriously doubt I will have any issues.

Business end:

Oh, my work with the Stock Motor!
PittSpecial is offline Find More Posts by PittSpecial
RCG Plus Member