Old Nov 29, 2012, 04:12 PM
Find More Posts by hoghead5150
The wind caused that!!
United States, OK, Poteau
Joined Jul 2012
623 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by solentlife View Post
The model memory makes no difference to how many Rx's you can bind to a Tx ... you can bind a 1000 if you want ... it doesn't care.

My 9x with 8 memories currently has 13 Rx's bound to it. This also means that you can have more than one Rx in a big model to cut down length of leads etc.

Nigel

well i know my spektrum dx5e will not bind to two different receivers at the same time. what i mean is, if i bind it to my apprentice, it works fine, but when i switch to my albatros i have to rebind the transmitter to that plane. the dx5e has no memory so it's one receiver at a time. but alas, we are not talking about the dx5e transmitter.

for a rank newbie things need to be kept as simple as possible. while it may be possible to bind his transmitter to a million receivers, it wouldn't be good practice for him to do so. it would be alot easier to just rebind for each plane, rather than having somebody that is not sure how things work carrying a laptop to the field and having to plug in his transmitter to switch things around. this would be a very good way of screwing things up and crashing planes.

after he becomes familiar with the transmitter, and even more so with the planes he's flying, then the more advanced issues could be addressed.

i stand by my original post, you should use a seperate receiver for each plane, and when you get ready to switch planes, you should rebind your transmitter to that plane. you will have less chance of screwing up a setting and crashing your plane. i personally would invest in a better transmitter that has model memory and a screen on the transmitter that allows you to choose models from the transmitter itself instead of having to plug it into a computer to do such things.
hoghead5150 is offline Find More Posts by hoghead5150