Thread: Build Log ASK13 1:10 build
View Single Post
Old Nov 29, 2012, 03:59 PM
papaalpha is offline
Find More Posts by papaalpha
Registered User
Joined Oct 2012
51 Posts
Thanks for the observations that all confirm my own dilemmas. I did originally on the first throws have no nose weight and believed the c of g was further back. The result was disastrous until I added some 2 ozs of lead in the furthest point of the nose along with the battery i.e., with no nose weight it just went into an immediate stall. I now have the tailplane and elevators much more profile like and also removed the tail fin and rudder and 'thinned down' as per photos attached. I have saved at least 1oz at the tail and with the heavier standard servos for the elevator and rudder installed I have been able to remove the 2ozs of lead in the nose for it to rest on the c of g in a balanced position to the extent I suspect it will hold this position wnen balanced on a stand. I have just recovered the tailfin and rudder and glued into position. I will post a photo of it balanced when I have also changed the wing servos to lighter weight ones which is my next task. I couldn't take any photos in flight as was mid week and on my own trying to control a 'hairy' model going violently up and down.
papaalpha is offline Find More Posts by papaalpha
Reply With Quote