Old Nov 29, 2012, 07:57 AM
Find More Posts by CaptJac
Rotor Controller
Aachen Germany
Joined Dec 2007
2,396 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vladconnery View Post
My goal is to be able to hover through 1 batt without the heli touching the ground. No luck with that goal yet!!! My question is how can I best get the heli to hover in 1 spot. I placed a frisbee on the garage floor and I am trying to keep the heli hovered over that 1 spot for a full batt cycle.
For a beginner, flying an mCPx is like trying to ride a unicycle the first time - it seems almost impossible. The problem is not just how big or small your target area is (the bigger the better) - but the mCPx it is too quick to "think" about - it has to be automatic and automatic is muscle memory and muscle memory is developed not by reading - but with practice - practice - and more practice. There are a couple of things you can do to sloooow make your mCPx down and make it more controllable - expo on the cyclic (25%) and reduce the collective sensitivity by flattening out the pitch curve. Both of these are done on your DX6i.

When it time for a break (muscle memory wise) there's a lot of reading you can do. Taking Off With RC Helicopters - FAQs 102 starts from the ground up - which is a lot better than the ground down. Another read which has helped a lot of beginners and a long time running thread on this forum is Don't Touch the Controls. Think that one will jump out and bite you. Good luck in your training - have a great flight!

captJac
CaptJac is offline Find More Posts by CaptJac
RCG Plus Member