View Single Post
Old Nov 29, 2012, 01:08 AM
Find More Posts by Eric Henderson
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Dec 2005
1,688 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Left Coast DJ View Post
Really want to try differential thrust on my radio. Thinking about building up a Twinstar (or getting a Dynam Skybus). I'd much rather go with Multiplex.

Trying to shop for an easy drop-in motor. How many watts should I be looking at per motor to make the TwinStar II hum along?
I use a 30% mix between the rudder and the two different brushless motors and their respective ESCs. I take the +ve lead out of one of the throttle leads to the RX. I mix throttle to Aux-2 at 100%

One tip on electric throttle/rudder mixing. Remember to add power on one side and reduce power on the other side. This is because unless you do this then at full throttle the rudder will have no effect on the motors.

I use the rudder to motor mix to execute much better stall turns and flat turns. It also makes knife-edge a lot more viable--twins tend to fight back to get straight line flight. The TS II has proverse roll and down coupling with rudder. Roughly 20% opposite aileron and 9-12% up elevator mix takes care of the worst of it. Not a bad idea to put the motor mixes on a switch.

2cents - Eric.
Eric Henderson is offline Find More Posts by Eric Henderson