Thread: Build Log light weight project
View Single Post
Old Nov 28, 2012, 11:27 PM
Find More Posts by The_Builder
Hey was that a Thermal ????
Joined Nov 2009
2,448 Posts
Gerald, I love your effort to help us out. The person who developed Resin Research's line is the one who suggested thinning. I have not had a problem getting thinned epoxy to cure at all. Okay so maybe it isn't quite as strong. So it drops from 5,000lbs of tensile strength to 2,000lbs, I don't see this as a problem. I obviously made those numbers up but you get the point.

Some companies even sell alcohol blends to thin with. RR quit doing that because denatured alcohol works just as well according to their lead Chemist.

Oh, on the yellowing. The blue tint is a whitening agent that brings out bright colors. RR has it available for one of their resins. Both have a UV inhibitor that is colorless. To my knowledge my wings don't yellow.

Keep the resins intended purpose in mind when looking at characteristics. RR was designed for applications similar to what we do. Many resins were originally designed for the boat building industry.

If anyone is looking for a REALLY nice 30-40min epoxy check our RR's Kwik-Kick!!! It is very friendly in every way, has a whitener and UV inhibitor in it. I have developed an epoxy allergy and nothing in the RR line bothers me at all.

LuapauL
The_Builder is offline Find More Posts by The_Builder
Last edited by The_Builder; Nov 28, 2012 at 11:42 PM.