Old Nov 28, 2012, 08:25 PM
Find More Posts by zemkes_wolfpack
Team Hitec, Team Sebart RC
United States, IN, Winamac
Joined Jan 2006
123 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by subsonic View Post
It was me that wrote about having my system brown out using the Quantum 45's internal BEC ages ago. I was using Hitec 5065 servos (digital). It happened after a hundred or so flights. The internal BEC in that ESC might be fine for analogue serovs, but is marginal for the load of four digital servos.

If PA say that you can run 4x analogue servos off the internal BEC, then who am I to argue? If you're running digitals though, think twice because my experience was not a good one with that combo.
Subsonic,

Not sure why you had an issue but we are flying a Bandit(Thrust 40/Quantum 45) that has well over 100 flights with 5065MG digitals and have experienced no issues whatsoever.

There are several factors that lead to increased load in servos and the difference in load between a 65MG and a 5065MG is negligible at best when using the PA recommended setup. However, binding in surface deflection, poor solder joints on the extensions, etc. can lead to increased current draw which could lead to failure from excessive heat.

Best Wishes,

Jim
Team PA
zemkes_wolfpack is offline Find More Posts by zemkes_wolfpack