Thread: New Product ST Models Blaze Hotliner
View Single Post
Old Nov 28, 2012, 01:40 AM
Find More Posts by David Hipperson
Kilsyth, Victoria, Australia
Joined Oct 2003
2,054 Posts
With most of us who are merely fun flying we may not need high 'C' rated packs. The only reason I happen to be using these 65s is simply because we have a local supplier who sells high quality packs at a reasonable price.

If you were to look (even if you can find a graph)at high 'C' Lipo you will find the graph has a brief fall off when power is drawn followed by a lengthy but very shallow drop before ending with an abrupt and very steep fall off.

On those lower 'C' rated cells we saw the same intial drop off followed by a gentle but continual fall off turning into a shape that more resembles a steepening curve. This is why we could notice the power fall off in flight and if we were wise would recognise the pack was telling us "time to land". Less easy with these newer packs.

Although I did move back to rudder earlier on I experimented with just elevator/aileron and I can say with honesty that the Blaze handled that perfectly as well. Just saying that if you do have problems rudder isn't vital. You will also find that many genuine warm/hot liners don't have rudder either. My Sprinter didn't and neither does the Siren.
David Hipperson is offline Find More Posts by David Hipperson