Thread: Discussion Walkera QR Ladybird
View Single Post
Old Nov 27, 2012, 10:15 PM
Find More Posts by waveOmatic
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Aug 2012
80 Posts
I made some very lightweight and quite effective leg suspensions that will help save some motors. The weight for all four is only .8 grams a lot of extra help on hard landings taking some of the shock. I also use zip ties but they can get very bouncy. The zip ties do work good on top as roll bars when practicing flips in small areas, I haven't bent a prop really bad when I use them and haven't killed any motors at all and I have had some very hard crashes that would of destroyed a motor or two for sure. Here is the pic of one that has protection all around. Mostly I just use the four on top in the center with one being orange helps a bit with orientation as well.

Here are the lightweight leg extensions. I used four small pieces of shrink wrap and cut in half two plastic tubes from a box of glow stick bracelet attachments from the 99 cents store, the glow sticks work really nice with my v929 for some night flying around the house. You get 15 for 99 cents, not bad at all

They work really good and so far don't plan on using the zip ties too much at the bottom even though they really do protect it when flying very aggressive. These lightweight extensions seem to do the trick plus it takes off 2 grams for using the ties. I can use that weight for when I put two v911 canopies mirrored for some crazy flipping fun, hahah

waveOmatic is offline Find More Posts by waveOmatic