View Single Post
Old Nov 27, 2012, 08:15 PM
Find More Posts by Low and Slow
United States, WA, Moses Lake
Joined Feb 2012
518 Posts
Dan I bought a 9x radio with cheap receivers when I decided to destroy many cheap planes as opposed to a few expensive planes. Anyhow I didn't know how to work the radio and still mostly don't but I can help you set the elevons and expo and dual rates if you need. I found one kid on you tube that knew how to do it the other guys had it wrong.

Expo is nice too cause you can soften the stick so things don't happen quite so quick. I totaled a small pusher jet I built because of that. It took off like a dove and in the first turn instead of banking it rolled like a drill bit about thirteen thousand times and nosed in about mach 2. After I did that I figured out the dual rates and expo stuff. When you set the dual rates to say 50% those top corner toggle switches are dual rate aileron on the right and dual rate elevator on the left. The radio won't turn on unless all the switches are up and back. Once you are flying flip those switches down and that cuts your travel rates down in half get it? Play with it hook up your battery with the prop off is the way I do it and play with the dual rates you can see them work.

Good score on the radio. I'm happy enough with mine. Oh you want the cheap hk six channel fly sky compatible receivers here to go with your radio http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...er_6Ch_V2.html
Low and Slow is online now Find More Posts by Low and Slow