View Single Post
Old Nov 27, 2012, 05:04 PM
Find More Posts by 2Doggs
just gotta mess with it!
North West Louisiana
Joined Nov 2009
6,148 Posts
Superbrain 45A ESC

Sorry to hear of your crash, Zen. Some of those turnbuckle links have very fine threads.

First flights with my new Superbrain 45A ESC in my HK 450 Pro. Governor mode keeps the HS really constant, within a couple of hundred rpm according to the flight data logs. The logging function is my main reason for buying the Superbrain, and the 45A can run up to 6s packs and has a 4A SBEC. Previously, I'd used the 3s capable 40A Superbrain and had to add a UBEC .

I was able to get a good comparison between my sole surviving Gens Ace 4s 1800 25c pack, which has about 110 cycles on it, and my new 4s 1800 Nano Tech 25-45c packs. In flight, they feel much the same but the battery voltage looks to hold up better on the Nanos. Whilst the Gens Ace pack is quite tall, and a tight fit under the 450 canopy, the Nano techs are just about the same size as a regular 3s 2200 pack, and fit with room to spare.

Using a 13t pinion with my 2500kv motor, my maximum governed HS is only 2750, so I'll be upping the gearing soon. With my previous 3s setup, I was seeing maximum power around 250w.
2Doggs is offline Find More Posts by 2Doggs