View Single Post
Old Nov 26, 2012, 05:17 PM
Find More Posts by CrashMeUp
Crashomatic
United States, CA, SF
Joined May 2010
2,160 Posts
I got one of the $99 um strykers straight from HH and I'm a little disappointed. I owned 2 other UM strykers in the past (and several other HH products) and they've always been what I expected them to be, even where there were a few design issues (like with the mcpx, and yeah, they sent me the fixed version free of charge), or if servos would get stuck over time, etc.

Anyhow.. this one stryker has certainly been sleeping in the factory a while/outside or comes from a different batch.

two really minor issues, led me to believe this:

issue 1: motor has some rust (it works fine tho)
issue 2: the servo protection plastics fell off when i took the plane off the box (wheres the glue?)

And 2 major issues are the reason why I'm bothering to list the minor issues:

issue 3: right rudder servo get stuck at -100% in flight at first flight (yes i know it happens on those micro linear servos, but brand new at first flight?) of course, that was fast and low, so it broke the foam (i glued it back). obviously since it broke they don't replace anything ;-) I tested the servo for a long time after that, it get stucks again and again, like the old 'n used linear micro servos guess its bad luck

issue 4: left rudder servo jitters (no small jitter either, it moves by an inch!) and due to this I can't flat spin with it. That one is just over the top for me :P

So yeah basically its currently a brand new stryker with no working rudders, some glue, and which I need to replace 2 servos for I guess.. bleh.

Yay for quality control HH.

/rant over
CrashMeUp is offline Find More Posts by CrashMeUp