Old Nov 26, 2012, 02:13 AM
Find More Posts by DownUnderPilot
2012 NZ Speedcup - 231 MPH
New Zealand, Tasman, Richmond
Joined Mar 2006
2,283 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Machine View Post
I have got a 3026 1900kv which I plan on installing in a second fuse for my Swist.
I reversed the shaft so that I can install it on the front of the fuse - this is the first time Ive done this and I need clarity on the process please. I searched the RCG but didn't find any info.
In standard form the shaft is held by two set screws one of which makes contact with a flat on the shaft. At the front of the motor the shaft is prevented from moving by a C-clip (I think thats what its called).
When the shaft is reversed do I need to grind a flat on the shaft for the set screw (the original flat is now at the back of the motor) ?
How is the shaft (with the bell attached to it) prevented from departing from the motor besides with the C-clip ? Do I need to grind a recess in the shaft for the C-clip ?
War Machine, you do need to grind a small flat on the shaft for the grub screw to go against to ensure the shaft does not rotate.

And the way to secure the bell into the motor is to use a wheel collet, one with a 5mm inside diameter, like these:

http://www.wattsup.co.nz/catalog/pro...oducts_id=1359
DownUnderPilot is offline Find More Posts by DownUnderPilot