Old Nov 25, 2012, 06:46 PM
Find More Posts by Fairwind900
~~~~/) ~/) Sierra MYC
Visalia CA
Joined Jul 2007
923 Posts
Sierra MYC Pond Report Nov 25, 2012

Yo Commodores!

It was a busy morning and we were glad to have Gary back for his second week. Gary joined us for breakfast along with Tim, Bill and myself. Garth was heading to sin city, Rick was recovering from something and Richard sent a message he would be late but see us at the pond.

So we continued the discussion about the two boats Gary just bought a Victoria and a Northwind 36 from a guy in Clovis. While working on our happy meals. We were all curious about these two new additions but Gary warned us they were not in perfect condition.

I mentioned that I had installed a new sail servo in my pedigreed Fairwind and it was in the truck ready to sail. I was anxious to see how it would do.

We headed over to the pond and found parking places and Gary pulled out his boats. It is always interesting to see how folks build boats. Something unique on the boas were the 6 AA batteries in the boats power supply. Both the Victoria and the Northwind had a Futaba 3801 sail servo more than enough for the requirement. It looked like the boats were built with the instructions in mind but not quite followed.

It took a while to untangle and rigging on both boats but it gave us time to look them over. The Northwind once on the water sailed well with it's narrow hull design. We didn't put the Vic in the water until later and it did okay but suffered from too much sail and not enough room for the boom to swing freely.

I think Gary was glad to see both boats working and being able to sail. He said he would bring them over to the shop on Tuesday so we could start making them better boats.

Tim brought his Voyager II and his Victoria. Bill had his Seawind. Richard sailed his Canterbury J. I sailed the new Fairwind and after making some adjustments it sailed fine. I had a Vic in the truck along with an ETNZ but didn't sail them.

The weather was better than I expected and we had more wind than predicted yeahhh. It was fun seeing different boats all sailing at the same time.

I had a great time setting up boats and checking them out. Tim jumped in and adjust Garys Jib.

Richard said something about a Hobie AI. Who knows.

I took another shot at passing out the sailing magazines that Bob C. had given us a while back. This time more seamed to be taken home. Yesss.

Next week we should see Rick and Garth back in the group. I think Gary is hooked.

Good day thanks guys!

Rick
Fairwind900 is offline Find More Posts by Fairwind900