Old Nov 25, 2012, 09:56 AM
Find More Posts by karl k
Yes, "that" Karl...
Canada, BC, Burnaby
Joined Mar 2007
1,702 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim.arf View Post
Back to the Brown out issue im up to 10 amp Reg and still having a issue.. Starting to think its the FBL Unit it self.. Any one have a FBL Heli setup with this radio
?
I do and have found problems with voltage drop when all the digital servos get moving if I only use a single servo connector to feed power from the BEC or rx battery into the receiver or FBL unit. It's not that this doesn't happen with other radio systems, but rather that we don't notice until it we get a radio that warns us of the issue. BTW, could you let us know what the min and max voltage readings are after moving around the collective and cyclic controls for a bit? I don't think the receiver is actually beginning to shut down. It's just the module beeping to warn that the voltage has dropped for a split second.

I use these on all my larger helis.
http://www.skookumrobotics.com/shop/...products_id/32
They completely get rid of the connector limitation. They are designed for the Skookum FBL units only, though...
An alternative is to feed power into the FBL unit with at least two servo connectors if possible. If there is only one servo connector coming from the BEC, it would need to have the connector removed and two of the appropriate connectors added in it's place.
karl k is online now Find More Posts by karl k