View Single Post
Old Nov 25, 2012, 08:55 AM
CONNELLMJ is offline
Find More Posts by CONNELLMJ
Registered User
United Kingdom, Hythe
Joined Aug 2011
150 Posts
The pylon has been manufactured using my own method. I cut the two verticals and then two horizontals and then glued them together. This saved the problem of cutting out the server hole. The server is a tight fit so I did a practice removing the server in case of failure. It proved not to be a problem. I am impressed by the thought that has gone into the design. The detail using carbon sheet and aluminium lining the fixing holes is IMHO very effective. I removed the covering from the boom as I thought it was a poor finish and would not last over time. I will prime and paint black. I have glued the pylon to the boom and held it in position with the plastic bolts. One bolt got some glue on it and was a problem to remove. When I removed it I cleaned the thread with a tap. The bolt has been replaced. I hinged the fin post a rudder which has created a gap more than I would have liked. I assume it will not effective performance. The fin has been fixed to the boom.

Tomrrow I will be starting on the Pod. I am quite impressed with the Traplets wood kit so far. Everything seems to be there.
CONNELLMJ is offline Find More Posts by CONNELLMJ
Reply With Quote