Thread: New Product E-flite Edge 540QQ 280 BNF Basic
View Single Post
Old Nov 24, 2012, 11:40 PM
Find More Posts by Tomdomification
Joined Sep 2011
289 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobly View Post
The only thing that I have found easier on the sbach 3d vs the edge is knife edge . But a little practice and mix cured that. I suppose I could add that the as3x maybe makes it a bit easier to keep the nose on point in rolls, but the Edge does not have problems there anyway. The Sbach had been my most used plane since the first version came out, but afraid it's lost its place now. Edit: just to add - there is really no comparing the way the two fly - they are completely different breeds of animal. The edge does not fly like a um plane. It flies much more like bigger balsa planes. It's light on the wings and will float around compared to the sbach and will even glide. The sbach stalls like a brick if you get it too slow, the Edge stalls like a feather if you get it too slow.
Thanks for your answer.
I thought something like this. I do understand, just from videos, that they are very different planes. I was just wondering because I've ordered the Sbach and I was wondering if it will be worth upgrading to the Edge. The Sbach will be my first aerobatic plane which is why I was asking about how easy they are to fly :-)

Tom
Tomdomification is offline Find More Posts by Tomdomification