Old Nov 24, 2012, 12:26 PM
Find More Posts by Pattaya01
When a hobby gets a passion
Thailand, Chon Buri, Pattaya
Joined Sep 2012
869 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by larry baraniuk View Post
Thanks for posting the HD video . I really liked the part where your drone flew over the Wat Yansangwararam temple. It gave me flash backs of when I flew over some temples in an ultralight when I was in Chiang Mai a few years ago.
I noticed on the picture that you posted of your plane that you are using an cloverleaf antenna that is enclosed.
According to IBCrazy the enclosure affects the range . I was wondering if you ever tried a cloverleaf antenna that isn't enclosed to see if there is any difference.

Larry
The enclosure would affect the range if the antenna was designed without enclosure and then put an enclosure around it. The enclosure affects the center frequency and as a result, the range. But if you design an antenna with enclosure right from the start, the result does not affect the range at all. In fact, I have tried many self made cloverleafs following IBCrazy's design, this one which I bought from HK, gives the best result. It is available as a set, a CL and a SP. Looks like they did a very good job in designing and tuning.

I know this because I was RF engineer before I retired a few years ago and know a few things about antenna design.
Pattaya01 is online now Find More Posts by Pattaya01