Old Nov 24, 2012, 11:19 AM
Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Stacks On?
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
13,249 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynemia View Post
I bought a couple that were crap! I think it is the #3 cameras I buy but they were getting scarce.

One of the problems that people have is not getting fast enough memory cards. That causes most, if no all, of the write problems. I use class 4 or better and they seem to be OK. I am always amazed at the video quality for the price. Mine are not the HD ones like they have now. Just a little more wide angle would be nice. I don't like the fisheye videos like many of the GoPro people use. The distortion bothers me and sometimes makes me a bit queasy. For cheap and easy, the keychains are hard to beat.

This is the best site for information before you buy a keychain camera.
http://www.chucklohr.com/808/index.shtml
I guess my Micro card could have caused it., I wish they have room for the full size card, its not that much more weight.

I strapped my Cisco / Flip HD cam to the tail of a 30cc Extra 330 SC in New Jersey last year, I think the quality of this camera was very good, even with the Youtube affect. Attaching a camera to a fully 3D plane with a fully capable 3D pilot can make any quality video a bit of a challenge to watch. I only wish I was good enough to catch other plane flying at the time in frame like he did several time.
Onboard (7 min 46 sec)
DaOldGuy is online now Find More Posts by DaOldGuy