Find More Posts by richie967
Cardiff, UK
Joined Aug 2008
358 Posts
Going down the easy route!

Quote:
Originally Posted by small_rcer View Post
Put some weight in the nose.

Move the elevator pushrod out to a farther hole on the control horn, or move the pushrod in closer to the middle on the servo output arm. This will reduce the throw a bit.

Make sure there is no up elevator at the neutral position with the trims in the exact centre. You want to have maximum trim range available.

After a few flights and you get the trims set so the plane behaves similarly from one flight to the next, carefully note the deflection on the control surfaces using card stock templates. Then set the Tx trims on neutral and then adjust the pushrod ends to move the surfaces to match the templates.

Now you will have full trim range available to you with the plane movable surfaces in the correct flying position.
Putting some weight has turned into a slightly larger job than i anticipated. Adding the 80g nose weight right at the tip didn't help enough with balance, therefore I have opted to move the nose wheel 90mm further forward, and build a battery box to hold the batteries further forwards. I'm learning a lot for the next build.

During the build i didn't even think about battery position, or the method to secure the batteries in the plane. Hopefully this will do the trick.

My only concern is that if the plane has a hard landing, the box could rip off, and damage both batteries... and at 40 each, i don't particularly want that to happen!

It's been raining all day, so maybe try it out tomorrow...

I've done the trims as well, so fingers crossed she'll lift off in a slightly less aggressive way next time!
richie967 is offline Find More Posts by richie967