Old Nov 24, 2012, 09:55 AM
Find More Posts by waynemia
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,233 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaOldGuy View Post
I have to wonder if they are getting more stable. I really like the keychain cams, noise reduction was great on them but the last couple I had just would not function well. There were the pauses that i am guessing were caused when the camera would write to the card.

I have been seeing the Surf version of the GoPro for 149 and a couple competing companies have now stepped up so maybe we have hit the point where they will become more cost affective.
I bought a couple that were crap! I think it is the #3 cameras I buy but they were getting scarce.

One of the problems that people have is not getting fast enough memory cards. That causes most, if no all, of the write problems. I use class 4 or better and they seem to be OK. I am always amazed at the video quality for the price. Mine are not the HD ones like they have now. Just a little more wide angle would be nice. I don't like the fisheye videos like many of the GoPro people use. The distortion bothers me and sometimes makes me a bit queasy. For cheap and easy, the keychains are hard to beat.

This is the best site for information before you buy a keychain camera.
http://www.chucklohr.com/808/index.shtml
waynemia is offline Find More Posts by waynemia
Last edited by waynemia; Nov 24, 2012 at 10:07 AM.