Old Nov 24, 2012, 02:17 AM
Find More Posts by IntegrityHndywrk
IHW Heli Division
United States, FL, Palm Coast
Joined Mar 2012
8,564 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by finguz View Post
IntegrityHndywrk: I've heard about this before. Should I change my trex 450 pro v2 tail bearings? Would rcbearings bearings be any better at keeping that from happening? Or maybe I should look into thrust bearings.
Personally, i have my eyes set on the Tarot tail blade grips. They have updated Align's design with thrust bearings. They should fit just about any 450 clone or compatible. I think.....I'm going to order some for my highly modified V450D01. I think they should fit that too. Since the V450d01 is using what is essentially 450 sport or V1 mechanics with the belt drive. Something like that. It's kind of a clone with their own airframe. So i'm pretty sure the Align tail shaft, tail grips, tail boom, drive belt, tail drive gears. Basically everything will fit the V450D01. It's just that Align uses a different size ball on their cyclic and swash than Walkera. So some small differences.

Anyway, i digress. I plan on installing the Tarot tail grips because they have thrust bearings. Then i will also install the Align or Tarot or Alzrc DFC/SDC rotor head. Since the V1 V450D01 rotor heads and swash are basically discontinued.

IntegrityHndywrk is online now Find More Posts by IntegrityHndywrk