Old Nov 24, 2012, 01:58 AM
Find More Posts by krokko
Sweden, Dalarna County, Aspeboda
Joined Dec 2005
143 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The PIPE View Post
Dear Krokko:

The PIPE Here again - and thanks to the detail photo (that I've attached) of a typical Tiggie's fuel tank that I JUST grabbed off the 'Net, that you'll see at the bottom of this posting...

...there are exactly FORTY-SEVEN "ribs" making up the corrugations on the Tiger Moth's upper wing centre fuel tank, as I just got finished counting them THREE times to be absolutely certain.

With such an "odd number" of ribs on that fuel tank, ONE of the "peaks" of them IS directly on the fuel tank's centreline, just for your information.

Hope you can figure out how wide to space them, and what material SIZE to use for the "ribs", so that you know that there are 47 of them there !!

Got to get my dinner now...hope the photo helps!

Yours Sincerely,

The PIPE....!!
Thanks for your input Pipe,

I think we can forget about my Tiger becoming an exact scale model! I'll do my best to get her flying next year, if she becomes a favorite to fly I could contemplate building another one, but not a Flair kit, thats for sure. There is a couple of interesting kits from Toni Clark in Germany that could be the next, if there is a next one!!

rgds/KajS
krokko is offline Find More Posts by krokko