View Single Post
Old Nov 23, 2012, 07:20 PM
Find More Posts by WhalleyB0Y
Canada, BC, Surrey
Joined Jul 2011
960 Posts
Build Log
whalleyb0y's Monster Funjet Ultra assembly

Well this is it... I got all my parts together and I assembled my Funjet. We will see now if this recommended setp wlll in fact crush the opposition!

I started the assembly by sanding all the mold bumps and filling the dimples.

Attachment 5323944

I coated all the parts with Minwax to ensure a good surface for paint. After a fine sanding this also helped smooth out the panels. I picked up a light kit just for that extra touch that will set mine apart from the others. I used 5 min epoxy on the spar and with the wings but I used silicone adhesive for the turtle decks and the motor hub. I might have to get back in here at some point someday.

Attachment 5323951

Name: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353720021.438125.jpg
Views: 88
Size: 94.3 KB
Description:

This is the desired paint scheme which will tie in well with my decal set.

Attachment 5323982

I didn't like the "50's space ship" retro look of the original canopy so I sanded in new canopy lines and used rattle can chrome on it.

Attachment 5323983

My opponents got some free stickers so they plastered "Rockstar energy drinks" all over their funjets. Out of spite, I am using a "Monster energy drinks" scheme with the choice of paint colours and decal set I picked up. Notice the spoon hood scoop over the esc and onto the back of the motor. This should provide optimal cooling.

Attachment 5323992

Attachment 5323993

For my setup I am using a BL15 3600kv inrunner with the E-flite Stryker 6x4 prop (older version) powered with a CC Ice lite 100A. I have balanced the plane for use with either 3s or 4s 3500mAh 30C lipo packs. I also balanced the prop to ensure smooth quiet operation. Well... as quiet as Funjet can get, lol. I will be posting the maiden soon.
WhalleyB0Y is offline Find More Posts by WhalleyB0Y