View Single Post
Old Nov 23, 2012, 04:31 PM
Find More Posts by vil64
Joined Nov 2012
287 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackosmeister View Post
Jump over to the hawk/wilco/tiger etc build threads on the high-performance forum. Youll learn much over there, even have a read through the build threads of stuff like the Enigma/Alex etc (which is the next step in airframe)

Building and setting up a high performance model, even a low end one, has a bunch of tricks/tips and must dos that ya average toy plane nut wont be aware of. Welcome to the addiction

Depending on how much slop there is, "liquid shim" AKA as CA dripped on the sloppy joint, which fills up any gap around the clevis, then broken free is enough to fix a lot. (it sounds rough, but works great)

And YES, run a seperate Rx pack. Its not worth the risk of a smoking hole in the ground to spare 30 grams.
Thanks Jacko, it seems like these are almost identical airframes. Wilco,Tiger, Eagle. I didn't realise there's a bunch of building threads on these. So I have a lot of reading to do. CA is a great tip but not in my case. Ailerons move over 2mm, same as elevator. I almost feel like changing those aileron brass horns for a phenolic ones , same as my Comp Arf Extra.
vil64 is offline Find More Posts by vil64