Thread: Discussion New hyperion motors??
View Single Post
Old Nov 23, 2012, 02:37 PM
Find More Posts by cirrus_uk
United Kingdom, London
Joined Mar 2012
188 Posts
I'm thinking about getting the HYPERION ZS-3009-20 1100Kv brushless motor for my new Sig 20 EP plane (currently building). This is my first build and first motor so I've some basic questions I'd appreciate some help on.

1) I've no idea how the mounting works, there appears to be a shaft at both ends of the motor. The mounting kit says it comes with a Cross-piece for front or backmount installations, but then also says "In order to "backmount" Zs30 an option set is required" which is confusing.

any pictures showing when you would front vs backmount and what is required to achieve both?

2) haven't decided on the prop yet but hoping to have around 400w of power with this motor and running on a 3s 2200 lipo.

3) is there any advantage to pairing the motor with the recommended Atlas ESC? vs a different make which might be switching instead of linear.

4) Given these motors were first round in 2009, are they still updated? I can get a HobbyKing NTM motor for 1/5th of the price which appear more modern.

5) It sounds like Scorpion now manufacturer these motors, but I can't find an equally spec'd motor from Scorpion. Why do the hyperion's come with only a 12 month warranty and yet the Scorpion's come with 2 years?

thanks
cirrus_uk is offline Find More Posts by cirrus_uk
Last edited by cirrus_uk; Nov 23, 2012 at 02:47 PM.