Old Nov 23, 2012, 01:59 PM
Find More Posts by whichwaysup
when down=up, up=expensive
United States, VA, Roanoke
Joined Apr 2012
3,185 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pugsam View Post
The problem that I (and, I believe, a number of others) have had is that the aircraft often fails to bind long after it is no longer new.

That is, when the tx and then the plane is powered-up, the LED continues in flashing mode and the controls do not respond. Sometimes, this will repeat many times before the LED "bind" light goes solid and the intialization process then can begin.

I know better than to argue technical nuances with Joel. If it's wrong to refer to that as a binding problem, so be it.

But whatever it is, it's a problem.

And I haven't solved the problem. Sometimes moving the tx farther away seems to help. Sometimes it doesn't. In general, the phenomenon seems to be pretty much random.

However, considering how cool the Mig is, things like like this, although annoying, are just mild turbulence......

I've found something that seems to work *MOST* of the time on the binding/initialization/linking/connection-activity-between-tranny-and-thing-with-wings-thingy. If you keep some object between the plane and your transmitter, it seems to (insert proper technical term here) with less issues. Probably accomplishes the same thing as having the transmitter farther away, but I get nervous and feel stupid walking my transmitter 15 feet away, then walking over to my Mig, then trying the battery, then going and getting my transmitter (assuming someone didn't inadvertently step on it).

Try it. Doesn't work all the time, but it seems to work more often than not.
whichwaysup is offline Find More Posts by whichwaysup
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Clever sayings