View Single Post
Old Nov 23, 2012, 08:58 AM
Find More Posts by DaDesign
ɹǝsn pǝɹǝʇsıƃǝɹ - inverted!
USA, SC, Greer
Joined Jul 2008
3,287 Posts
Hey Guys I have a question. I love scratchbuilding and when I first started building and I would go to the fly-in's I would see lot's of scratchbuilt planes there. People were excited to see them and get ideas. Even the magazien folks would photo them, etc.
Now when I go I rearly see a scratchbuilt of any kind. Now, I don't have a problem with that because the ARF's are so much cheaper now and they do fly incredibly well and look so good in the air. However, I was thinking why isn't there a fly-in just for scratchbuilts. If you built it, bring it and fly it. You would get plenty of ideas and exchange a lot of conversation.
I like the fly-in's now but if you bring a scratchbuilt you get these "can't you afford a real model" looks. I know it has to do mostly with building skills because my fun is seeing if it will fly after you design it so I don't spend time with details. I tend to crash it a few times as well so I don't see the need in details but I think it would be neat to have a fly-in with just scratchbuilts. No matter how simple or scaled.
That being said, I'm not sure this would be a money maker for vendors but you never know.
DaDesign is offline Find More Posts by DaDesign