Originally Posted by jfinch
I had a midair with Lovins down in Arizona and have finally gotten around to properly fixing my wing. I flew the last few rounds and flyoffs with the gash in the wing and just some scotch tape over the rip... full launches didn't seem to bother it at all.
I can also recomment a type of field repair that lasts...
Preharden som carbon fabric, approx 60-80g/msqr fabrics...like 30*30cm
When a cut like this occur:
1. sand the edges around the cut
2. cut a piece (patch) from the prehardened fabric the gives 5-10mm overlap over the cut
3. put the patch onto a 20 cm long packing tape
4. put some medium thick CA glue on the patch (along the edge)
5. wrap the tape around the cut
6. fly one round
7 take the tape avay and you have a nice patch that lasts
ps...who gives me a team Douch T-shirt for the worlds??