Thread: Discussion What's your winter project?
View Single Post
Old Nov 22, 2012, 10:02 PM
Find More Posts by studioRS
Klassische Segelflugzeuge
Northern Vermont
Joined Jul 2010
1,450 Posts
Peter,

Winters are long and cold up here in Northern Vermont, so I've got to have several projects in my shop keeping me über busy...

- Finish up a ST Models DG-1000 with modified motor and fresh fibrecloth +CA, paint, kewl scale stickers. Just needs covering, CA, paint.

- 1:10 scale, 1,6m ASK-13 scratch build. Fuselage and left wing are done, just need to build right wing and cover, install my new Graupner mx-16 gear.

- HK ASK-21Mi 2m converted to front motor with fibrecloth +CA, paint, scale stickers. Fixing up for a friend. Needs rudder covered and paint.

- 1:8 scale, 2m ASK-13 scratch build with klapptriebwerk SLS extracted from above ASK-21 Mi. This will be a fun, retro old school meets new school. I have the short kit laser cut already with updated jig attached, just waiting for the work bench to be cleared on the 1,6m ASK-13

- Top Model.cz Parada 2m electric, such a nice sailplane kit. OMG... what a find, NOS from Sal at NESail.com and a rocking great price :-) . This will give my Radian a run for the money in thermals and ridge soaring. It is such a well built R/E sailplane and can penetrate head winds like no tomorrow with the fiberglass fuselage and really, really nice wing.

- e-flight UMX ASK-21 conversion to ASK-21Mi with powered klapptriebwerk SLS. Just bought all the spare parts and have these, trick little sailplane.

- UMX Mossie, detail, weather and fly.

- FMS Stuka Ju 87 build, detailing with German Kavan threaded 3" wheels, weathering, upgraded ESC, UBEC. Need to buy 3S, 4S batteries for this.

- Start building a 1:3.5 scale Topaze by Chris Williams.

- Finish reading my 180 page Graupner mx-16 owner's manual, start programming my new telemetry, vario module with audio sounds and voice.

- Lastly, start on my 4m ASK-13 short kit!

That should wear the elves out, they'll need to refill with more maple syrup soon. Cheers, Thompson
studioRS is online now Find More Posts by studioRS