Old Nov 22, 2012, 05:52 PM
Find More Posts by brontide
Stop me before I build again!
United States, NY, Albany
Joined Sep 2012
1,320 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brontide View Post
It lives, still just needs some cleanup and final checkout before maiden.

Motors are turnigy 3020 1200kv
Props 8x4x3
Kk2 1.4

It's hard to see here, but the arms are the structure and the FC sits on top with a friction/zip tie mount. I'll be flying it with 4ah batteries for now, but I've got some smaller ones on order that should be more appropriate for it.
Flies like a dream. After crashing it becaus I failed to load the right motor layout it was off to the races. Timed the second pack, I was able to get more than 24 minutes on one pack running with a 10.5v alarm. Very stable and responsive, now need to try it in some wind.

My AUW tonight was just under 700 grams, almost half of which is battery. I don't think I have actually WOT yet, not enough room to do it comfortably.

The other thing to note is the ESCs are plush 10a which were flashed over to blheli right out of the bag. I just used a sharp knife and sewing scissors to cut a tiny opening in the heatshrink and then used my push and flash tool to flash them.

I have a busted 3s 4ah that I'm converting to 2s and expect to be able to fly that one tomorrow. Flight time should be similar, but the lower RPM should provide a more sedate flying experience.
brontide is offline Find More Posts by brontide