View Single Post
Old Nov 22, 2012, 04:12 PM
Find More Posts by Thomas B
Electric Coolhunter
United States, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Jun 2000
14,906 Posts
Worth noting that BH does not actually make anything. They sell products produced by others in Asia. Even Blitzworks, their brand, is simply models that are usually avalable from other sources. The models are sold all over the world by numerous companies, not just here in the US by BH.

For instance, LX models makes the large 79' P-40 that you bought. If you want other 2m foam ARF warbirds, you need to go to the source, not the reseller.

To answer your original question: no, not as bad as they sound. I have 11 models from BH. 9 had no issues at all. One had a bad ESC and a missing prop adapter. I had free replacement parts in three weeks. I had another model have issues with speed controls and servos. I had free replacement parts in four weeks.

One issue with BH and the replacement of bad parts is that the parts orders are at a lower priority than the normal retail orders. A kit that does not need repacking and only needs an address label will get picked and packed quickly. A parts order that involves taking parts from a packed model often takes a week to fulfill. I have also noticed that when they have to repack a RTF model to convert it into an ARF model (to remove the Tx, Rx, battery and charger), the shipment is often delayed for a couple of days.

BH would get a lot less criticism if they placed top priority on shipping missing or defective parts that have their customers grounded and unhappy.
Thomas B is offline Find More Posts by Thomas B
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Thomas B; Nov 22, 2012 at 04:33 PM.