Thread: Question takeoff torque roll
View Single Post
Old Nov 22, 2012, 10:41 AM
Find More Posts by BMatthews
B for Bruce
The 'Wack, BC, Canada
Joined Oct 2002
12,803 Posts
I'd go with the stalled wing theory as well. That and perhaps a trifle of a cross wind takeoff.

I like to hold a little up as the throttle is first applied so the drag of the wheels doesn't try to bury the nose on the grass field that I typicaly fly from. As the speed comes up I ease off the up elevator so it comes back to darn near neutral well before the model reaches takeoff speed. In your case it seriously looks like you simply held too much up so when it lifted off the tail stayed low and the model stalled the wing. The only roll the torque would have in such a case is to aid a little in deciding which way the model is going to then roll towards. But the primary issue is that the wing was stalled.

The other option, silly though it seems, is to ensure that the ailerons are going the right way. In this age of easily switched programmable transmitters it's all too easy to just wiggle the controls and not remember to double check that they are moving the correct way. Not saying you did this for sure but it's worth checking before EVERY flight
BMatthews is offline Find More Posts by BMatthews