Thread: Discussion Schapel Sa882
View Single Post
Old Nov 22, 2012, 09:09 AM
John Wright is offline
Find More Posts by John Wright
Registered User
United Kingdom, Harleston
Joined May 2004
476 Posts
Now I have the plane off the building board. This comes away with the sub ribs fixed to the wing by use of a chisel to break the hot glue joint. Hot glue seems a good choice for setting the temporary supports in place.

The sub ribs are carefully sawn off the ribs. I used a tenon saw. The underside is not as pretty a sight as the top surface as I had realised when I was building it. There will be plenty of cleaning up to do.

The new set of templates for the upper wing surface are then glued with hot glue onto the building board after all glue is cleared off. These are glued on except for the centre rib and the wing can be rested in position. I was pleased that the wing fitted snugly in place without being out of shape. I am now cleaning up before I can think about sheeting the underside surface. I also had my first weight check and it will be interesting to see if I can keep it close to the 3.4 Kg that Andres version weighed.
John Wright is offline Find More Posts by John Wright
Reply With Quote