Old Nov 21, 2012, 08:52 PM
Find More Posts by jims123
USA, CA, San Diego 92120
Joined Oct 2007
3,084 Posts
Mystery solved

Quote:
Originally Posted by jims123 View Post
I'm concerned that twice now.. After a full day on the water , I drained a teaspoon of water from the hull.. So here is how I plan to try to find the leak.. I'll borrow the aquarium pump and some airline tubing .. And connect it into the 1/4 inch drain plug hole and seal it... While I pump in air, I'll put soapy water all over the hull and see where it bubbles.. Will it find the leak? Is there a better way? No.. I don't have a swimming pool.. JimS
The Aquarium pump worked great. I went over the entire hull with soapy water and found no bubbles brewing anywhere.. until I got to this receiver compartment that is.. there is a leak on the port side aft side that was very clear to spot.. I plan to pull out the receiver and servo wiring, undo the two screws and hope I can pull it out before putting a thin bear of PU goop around its top seam and then re-installing it..

The seam on the port bow was simply a little red trim tape lifting a bit from the hull but nothing was leaking there or around the rudder post and elsewhere that I could find...
jims123 is offline Find More Posts by jims123