Thread: Build Log POP = Pitch-O-Plank
View Single Post
Old Nov 21, 2012, 11:06 AM
Find More Posts by Quick61
Just call me crash for short
United States, OH, The Plains
Joined Jan 2011
1,703 Posts
After a bit of mucking about with some odds and ends and a bit more dry fitting, just to make sure, the first wing panel is under way. I decided to assemble the wings in stages. First I marked off the rib placement on the LE and TE, then jacked them up off the plan with some scrap 1/4" balsa and pinned them down. Next, glued all the one piece ribs in place on the outboard side. Once these are set up, I will insert the 5mm CF tube and use it for support in fixing the rib set that integrate the elevator flaps and the root rib. Once those set, the hinge tube will be used to hold the elevator ribs in place. Last, the TE will be cut to free the elevator. pics will explain it more as i go along so for now, here are the first 2.

Still very pleased with the way all the parts fit and everything lines up. fitting is ALMOST as nice as the parts fit in the computer. I say almost as I mentioned before, I had a bit of flexing in the tool head and a few swipes with the sandpaper here and there is needed to get it just right. Haven't checked the mail yet today so maybe the parts for solve that little bug are already here.

Mark
Quick61 is offline Find More Posts by Quick61