View Single Post
Old Nov 21, 2012, 09:25 AM
Find More Posts by LWeller
Holland, Michigan
Joined Dec 2006
461 Posts
I looked at several of these and decided K&S might be the best choice but at the last minute decided on Micromark's wire bender for three reasons:[LIST=1][*]Primarily bending 1/8" or less most frequently[*]The capture screw to hold wire in place when bending[*]Price

Another reason is I bought their small table saw a year ago (my very best friend) and appreciate the quality of their products. Go to:http://www.micromark.com/vise-mounte...nder,7044.html

I took a crude picture of the bender in a vice at work. The handle is upside down in the picture but you can see how it works. The screw is not tightened down either. The post the wire nestles against is groove to help retain the wire in position while bending.

There is a couple of other pics of my first wire bending attempt with landing gear. Luckily I got it right first time. Hope this helps someone.

Regards,

Larry

P.S. K&S will likely be my next choice for larger diameter wire. It looks good to me as well but about $10 more. Not having used one before I wanted to keep price to a minimum but for other reasons especially like the Micromark.
LWeller is offline Find More Posts by LWeller