View Single Post
Old Nov 21, 2012, 04:30 AM
Find More Posts by Stratigio
Giorgos Stratakis
Greece, Glifada
Joined Jun 2008
289 Posts
A video from last years first launches of the 2m Spirit., the end of which came a couple of months later.
I made the silliest mistake man can do after checking the battery level and not turning the the power switch back on. The mistake was not that I forgot to do so but that I didn't check (maybe that was the one-in-a-million time) if the control surfaces are working, before throwing it and the results where ugly...
It tilted a bit on the left before I realize that I had no control and with a horrified look I watched it continuing the left path it decided to go, until it disappeared behind some trees on the side of the runway. About two second later a sharp smashing noise of the crashing balsa sounded like a requiem to my ears as horror took over on the thought that someone might be standing close to the crashing site. Luckily, when I reached there running to see the results of my wisdom, I saw that none else was harmed than that poor, deformed, what's left of the Spirit lying among thrashes of balsa and covering.

GreatPlanes Spirit 2m Modified Kit HighStared in Elliniko-Athens-Greece.avi (3 min 14 sec)
Stratigio is offline Find More Posts by Stratigio