Old Nov 21, 2012, 01:21 AM
Find More Posts by sixty9mustang
Surf's up!!
United States, Mt, East Helena
Joined Oct 2005
1,518 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by geoffers0_0 View Post
Thanks Chip - nice looking plane. I guess being unobtanium there aren't many owners out there now.

Do I see a larger rudder on yours? That is a mod I'm thinking of making. I'm also planning on sliding wing actuators rather than the original direct servo drive or cams http://www.windandwavemodels.com/Wingtwist.html
Will post some pics of the refurb as I progress: the AMT mount was broken, so I have replaced this with 10mm box section aluminium, and dug out the rudder post so I can replace the bowden cables with decent snakes. C/F sock has arrived, so that'll be next

Cheers, Geoff
Hey Geoff,

Thanks! Yes that is a larger rudder, um, years ago my wife knocked some stuff on to the plane and destroyed the rudder. So I built one, just a bit larger than stock. I used a fiberglass arrowshaft for the leading edge hinge line and Robart hinges. It has 3 ribs, 2 sheets of balsa and along the trailing edge is a small piece of 1/64th ply, to make it rigid and allow for super thin trailing edge.

If you want I can take pictures and post them for you.

I took a look at that wing twist mechanism, that is pretty nice! I have never been a fan of the system used on this Axle, so I may just have to change it.

And yes, I would love to see pics as you progress with your rebuild. You may just motivate me to finish mine It really doesn't need much from where it sits.

Thanks,
Chip
sixty9mustang is offline Find More Posts by sixty9mustang