Originally Posted by breakwater
- Exactly the point, ALL Ms are different, even ones that are the same.
Probable differences between the Viper I weighed and yours..(aside from the obvious wood deck)
1. My boat was painted (I believe Mark Mason) But painted none-the less and adds weight. (Yes, that matters on a boat that is 1 sheet of kevlar thick.)
2. I have both the swing-rig step, and conventional steps installed. (Most other Vipers I've seen have one or the other)
3. I like a stout rudder servo, I forget exactly what it is, but it's around 100oz/in of torque, and probably weighs double a HS-311
4. I have an RMG 280 in the boat, which is heavy .
The difference is probably the servo and paint. Mine is unpainted, has the swing rig step and rmg winch. Paint is heavy. I ruined a 10R by painting it.