Old Nov 20, 2012, 10:27 PM
Find More Posts by craig_c
Spreckels Lake, GGP, SF, CA
USA, CA, San Francisco
Joined Apr 2007
3,739 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlboats2003 View Post
This still is the United States and Owners can close down their business as long as they meet state and possible federal requirements.
Guess they hadn't because when the vulture funds asked to liquidate Hostess Brands on Monday, the judge told them to go back and negotiate a settlement with the union.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Matthew 19:23-24

23 Then Jesus said to his disciples, “Truly I tell you, it is hard for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of heaven.
24 Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God.”

Wonder what sins the Lord had in mind? Wonder how He'd react to Wall Street? Think He'd have approved of them looting the pension fund?

(So yeah, all those folks that HAD vested pensions that they had been paying into for years, don't have them any more cause the money was siphoned off by the company's owners.... and yes, the federal government agency that guarantees pension funds will have to pick up the slack at taxpayer expense. Note that the company owners are in no way penalized for dumping the pensions onto the public sector; that's you and me boys!)
craig_c is offline Find More Posts by craig_c
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by craig_c; Nov 20, 2012 at 10:39 PM.