View Single Post
Old Nov 20, 2012, 09:26 PM
Find More Posts by SpadCat2000
United States, AZ, Lake Havasu City
Joined Feb 2010
1,027 Posts
Got another flight in today. This ship tracks beautifully for a taildragger during takeoff, (heck, I have more trouble keeping a tri-gear ship tracking straight then I have with the Pat).

I mentioned before the roll rate was fast and it is, but it is a little too sensitive around neutral, so will dial in more expo.

Landing approaches are fine until it gets too slow during the flare and then falls to the ground, so airspeed has to be kept up higher than normal. This is due to the high AUW and the KFM-4 airfoil. I say that because I am also flying the Tweety Bird which weighs more and has less wing area, but landings are very predictable and easy to grease on. I think the full airfoil has a lower stall speed then the KFM-4 with higher wing loadings.

I won't get much into the differences in flying qualities between the Pat and Tweety Bird (which is an exact downsized copy of the .60 sized DirtyBirdy), as you cannot compare a former world class aerobatic ship to many sport ships. While I love the smooth and precise flying characteristics of the Tweety Bird, I like sports ships because they have there own personalities and the Pat certainly has its own.

Can't wait to fly the Pat again, it sure is a plane the crowd loves to watch fly!

SpadCat

PS The battery loading system worked perfectly!
SpadCat2000 is offline Find More Posts by SpadCat2000