View Single Post
Old Nov 20, 2012, 08:33 PM
Find More Posts by Grunblau
Detroit, MI
Joined Sep 2010
33 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by samc99us View Post
Wow that's not bad. Any plans to offer complete kits?
Thanks! That is a very good question as this was my goal if I ever was to offer a kit. When I started looking into it, two things became immediately apparent...

- If I was to ship full kits, I would need to have everything shipped first to me, just to turn around and ship it elsewhere, effectively doubling shipping costs and transit time. By just publishing all of my vendor information, it allows people to either use my sources or find a cheaper alternative supplier (and hopefully let the rest of us know). Once the BOM is finalized, my hope is that it is really just a 3-4 shop stop.

- The other thing I realized is that although there are a lot of people that might be able to invest $4k in a machine at the drop of a hat. I know that I could not be one of them, no matter how great of a deal. When building both of my machines, I had to spread out the costs, purchasing items when I could afford them.

I will be building a RTR machine for a guy that is local so that I can make detailed how to assemble series of videos should the Pre-Order go through.

Hope this helps!

Brian
Grunblau is offline Find More Posts by Grunblau