Thread: Discussion Pets into RCGROUPS.COM
View Single Post
Old Nov 20, 2012, 04:28 PM
Find More Posts by craig_c
Spreckels Lake, GGP, SF, CA
USA, CA, San Francisco
Joined Apr 2007
3,739 Posts
Sigh... Keepin' track of the posting order ..... it looked like a recent post and I just didn't check the date... still mean it though. Haven't been following "Pets" recently because it's a bit close to home again.

P. Raider Pussycat's health took a dive a few weeks ago, probably due to a kidney infection. The vet started talking quality of life but we brought him back after a two week struggle using antibiotics, IV fluids three times a week and procrit injections to bring his red cell count back up. He was his old self again, better in fact. He wasn't just walking in when he heard the can opener pierce a tin can, but galloping in again.

Sunday morning he puked up his breakfast and by Monday he was not eating and lethargic again all of a sudden. So maybe the infection is back, so it was off to the vet Monday and then today he added tremors, so back to the vet for a blood work-up and we are upping his IV fluids to 100ml once a day plus pain and BP meds. I am really worried about him, he's only 13-and-a-half. He's only middle aged - like me damnit!
craig_c is offline Find More Posts by craig_c
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by craig_c; Nov 20, 2012 at 11:43 PM.