Thread: Build Log POP = Pitch-O-Plank
View Single Post
Old Nov 20, 2012, 12:08 PM
Find More Posts by Quick61
Just call me crash for short
United States, OH, The Plains
Joined Jan 2011
1,704 Posts
Got the "sub-assemblies" and the 2 formers / firewall on the fuse glued along with the wing tips. Dry fit one of the wing tips on a piece of CF tube stock to check fit and function after assembly. Very nice. Foam fit like a tight glove into the spaces on the fin and they have now been glued in. The fuse, for as much as I don't like the way it looks, almost built it's self and only one very slight tweak was needed after the glue and bands were applied to get it into square.

I should note that I am very pleased with the quality of parts I was able to turn out with the CNC router. Being that it's my first real run, I really did not expect everything to come out as nice as it did. I do have some flexing in the tool head / Z axis (a few 100's at the tool tip) and parts on on the way to fix the trouble. Being the machine was built from scratch and that being the only real bug in the design so far, think maybe not so bad of a job.

Anyway, a few more pics below. Next are the wings. I did the tips "free-hand" but think I'll jack up the wing halves on a board to make it easier setting up the elevator section.

Mark
Quick61 is offline Find More Posts by Quick61